This ultimate WordPress plugin roundup will be the last article you will need to read to discover all necessary plugins for your WordPress website. WordPress plugins are arranged in sections for easier browsing, allowing you to simply scroll through to your interesting section.
Here you will find all of the most popular and best WordPress plugins there are out there, as well as some cool little known plugins, that will make you excited. Without further ado, let’s get started, shall we?
Security And Backup WordPress Plugins
WordPress is pretty secure against hacker attacks, but since WordPress is being used by 20% of all world websites, you should take security precautions nevertheless. Better be safe than sorry, right?
All websites should have regular backups, in case something bad happens, but other things are just like icing on cake.
This is the most popular premium backup plugin for WordPress and it is the best way to backup and move your WordPress website.
Backups come handy in case something troublesome happens to your databases or server.
Here are the top features:
- Set database or full backups to get all your images, themes, plugins, database to a safe place
- Offsite cloud storage – when site goes down, you don’t want your backup to be on that same server, so it’s useful to send your backups to places like Amazon S3, Dropbox, FTP or email. You get 1GB of BackupBuddy storage space, so you can save at least databases safely there
- Scheduled backups and email notifications
- Server tools allowing you to take a look at your server settings and capabilities
- Malware scan – check your website against all the major blacklist checks. There is also database scan & repair for common issues.
- Exclude files & tables you don’t want to backup (in case you have very high resolution images or videos you don’t want to backup with every backup)
- and more..
Backupbuddy isn’t free, but if you are looking for high quality and reliability, and you can pay a little for that – BackupBuddy is the top choice.
BackupBuddy has several payment options:
(for all versions you will get 1GB of BackupBuddy storage space and 10 iTheme Sync sites)
- 297$ for lifetime usage, unlimited site backup, lifetime plugin updates and one year of support forum access
- 150$ per year (developer option) for unlimited site backup, 1 year of plugin updates, 1 year of support
- 100$ per year (freelancer option) for up to 10 site backup, 1 year of support and plugin updates
- 80$ per year (blogger option) for up to 2 site backup, 1 year of support and plugin updates
Watch their preview video and check for more details on their website.
This is another plugin created by iThemes, they also have created BackupBuddy mentioned before. iThemes Security is a premium and comprehensive plugin, including all the things you will ever need to secure your website.
Best features are:
- Handy security notification board, showing your site security status and issues based on priority (high, medium, low, completed)
- Strong password enforcement, the plugin ensures every user has strong passwords.
- Hide login and admin default URL’s so attackers won’t know where to look
- Email notifications when something weird happens on the site.
- Block IP addresses by country
- Brute force protection, which limits the number of failed login attempts allowed per user
You can read more about how iThemes Security will protect your website on their landing page.
This is the most popular free plugin on WordPress repository and with over 2.4 million downloads, more than 400,000 active installs and 1400 5-star ratings is a good choice.
UpdraftPlus allows you to backup your data to the cloud to places like Amazon S3, Dropbox, Google Drive and much more. You can later restore this backup with a single click.
They have more useful features like:
- site duplicator & migrator, with which you can copy sites and move them to new location
- schedule backups – no need to remember if you have made a backup, just set a schedule and automatically backup your website every day, week or month. You can also have separate schedules for files and databases.
- good reporting allowing you to see the status of backups and when the next backup is scheduled. You can receive these reports right in your inbox.
There is also a premium version of Updraft, with additional addons, upgrades and support. Compare free and premium version here.
Wordfence is a free enterprise class security and performance plugin that makes your site up to 50 times faster and more secure.
This plugin provides a complete anti-virus and firewall package and tools that will help you to recover from a hack. It has more than 900,000 active installs and more than 2000 5 star ratings.
Here are some of the features included:
- complete firewall
- scan core, theme and plugin files, content for bad URLs, scan for known malware, DNS changes and for hundreds of backdoors
- block IP addresses, fake robots, brute-force attacks and entire malicious networks
- get detailed IP info and track IP adresses to their source
- see all your traffic in real-time, to see who’s consuming most of your content
- ..and many more
Visit their website and watch introductory video to find out more, but this plugin is very recommended to be installed on every WordPress website.
Sucuri Inc. is the most recognized company when it comes to website security. They were the ones who first discovered the HeartBleed bug, which haunted WordPress websites in 2014.
To better understand the importance of having security plugin, like Sucuri, installed, read this story, explaining how the site owner unhacked his WordPress blog using Sucuri.
Key Sucuri security features:
- security activity monitoring allows you to keep an eye on various changes happening on your website
- security scanner – Sucuri has integrated their SiteCheck tool in the plugin, allowing you to see site health and status, as well as suggestions how to improve security of your website
- security notifications – Sucuri lets you know how you can improve your security
- website firewall (not included in free version) – it protects your website from a variety of website attacks and security events
There are lots of helpful videos explaining every feature on the download page.
Login Lockdown is a simple plugin that records the IP address and time of every failed login attempt. Usually hack attempts rely on breaking into your website admin area buy inputting lots of password lists to guess the password. This plugin locks IP out for 1 hour after 3 failed login attempts within 5 minutes.
7. Hide My WP
This handy security plugin lets you hide the fact you are using WordPress making it harder for anybody to breach your security.
You can use the plugin to control access to PHP files, which will protect your site from almost 90% of SQL-Injection and XSS attacks, which are caused by accessing PHP files directly. This means you can install unsafe plugins without worrying about security.
List of plugin features:
- block direct access to PHP files
- CSS and HTML minify
- get reporting on new vulnerabilities and potential attacker details (IP, username etc.)
- change WordPress permalinks – hide names of themes, plugins; hide wp-login; hide or rename wp-admin and all other WordPress files you want
Install new plugins and themes on your website without worrying about being exposed to common web attacks and new vulnerabilities that are discovered within plugins.
Read more about this security plugin.
This plugin allows you to perform 35+ security tests including brute-force attacks. It will automatically scan your website for security vulnerabilities and holes, and you will receive notifications via email.
This plugin will cost only $11, but has lots of useful security features, preview live demo here.
Speed Optimization – Responsive, Mobile Support Plugins
We are using W3 Total Cache on 1WD, because it really helps to improve the speed your website loads. This plugin is a must have on any high trafficked WordPress website, because of it’s CDN (content delivery network) integration.
WPTouch helps you make your website fully responsive, it will help even for responsive themes, because they usually don’t work well with third party WordPress plugins you install. WpTouch claims to be up to 5x faster than desktop or responsive themes, because their mobile solution is 100% CSS.
Some of the cool features:
- Create an app without App Store, WpTouch allows your iOS visitors to save your website as an application
- Customize easily WPTouch themes and setup
- Several mobile-optimize themes included with retina interface
- Touch specific enhancements with no extra configuration
This plugin reduces file sizes for images in WordPress using lossless methods and image format conversion. It’s important to keep file size low, because the faster it takes to load your pages the more visitors will stay on page and you will also rank higher in search engines. EWW Image Optimizer compresses JPG and PNG files without any loss on image quality.
There are so many benefits to having smaller image file size, read more on their plugin page.
SEO Optimization Plugins
Every WordPress website should have this plugin installed if you want to be well optimized for search engines and Google. With this plugin you can optimize every page, post and overall website optimization, including XML sitemaps.
This plugin will also help you to understand how well each post is optimized and how it will look in Google. It is a very, very helpful SEO plugin – definitely a must-have.
This is a great new SEO plugin which has lots of great functionality not found in Yoast plugin.
Premium SEO Pack will help you optimize your website speed performance and load time.
Key features are:
- Mass post, page and taxonomy optimization
- Quickly and easily minify and cache CSS and JS files
- 404 error pages monitoring and then easily 301 Redirect requests to other pages
- Create SEO friendly images easily
- There are interesting Link Builder, Backlink Builder and Social Stats features, that will help with your off-site optimization (where Yoast focuses on on-site optimization generally)
- Automatically generated sitemaps
- Add Google Analytics on your dashboard to view your site’s performance
- Test page speed insights
- W3C Validator – mass check HTML/XHTML markup of your pages,posts and custom taxonomies
Premium SEO Pack has useful video preview, that you can check.
Use this plugin with precaution: this plugin won’t be great for high quality blogs, but if you want to have more content on your site, or be able to republish original content to get more good backlinks, you can use this.
WordPress Auto Spinner rewrites existing content by replacing most of the text with synonymous words and phrases. This is a popular plugin on CodeCanyon, check more of it’s features to understand if you want to use it. If you are into building SEO sites, you might be interested trying this plugin out. I wouldn’t recommend it for your company website, since the content won’t be readable for real visitors, but only help you rank well on Google.
Rankie is a WordPress rank checker plugin, that helps to keep a close eye on each keyword position on Google. This plugin will update keywords ranking positions daily and generate handy reports for you. You can get these reports in daily email delivered straight in your inbox.
You can also use Rankie’s keyword research tool which generates keyword list that other people are using to search for topics which interest you. Check Rankie’s plugin preview video to learn more.
This is a specialized plugin, which allows you to generate XML sitemaps which help search engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo to better index your website. If you are using the Yoast plugin, you will have this feature already. But if you are using another one and just want something to generate XML sitemaps, this is for you.
This plugin doesn’t do more than that, but it does a good job on generating XML sitemaps. Don’t forget to upload generated sitemaps on Google Webmasters tool.
Comment And Form Builder Plugins
15. Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms is a well known plugin, because it allows to create WordPress forms easily and quickly. Anything form related – Gravity Forms can do it. Create order forms, customize content and style, even add advanced fields, like file uploads.
16. Contact Form 7
This simple plugin, will empower you to create contact forms on your website. It supports CAPTCHA spam filter and Akismet spam filtering.
QuForm plugin is a drag and drop form builder, that lets you create unlimited forms with 15 form elements you can choose from. Entries will be saved on WordPress with an option to export data.
There are lots of customization you can do, like enabling Ajax, using CAPTCHA, add animation and more. Check Quform live preview to see what’s possible.
Disqus is a free comment system, that replaces your WordPress comment system with Disqus comments. Since many websites are using Disqus (more than 200,000 active installs), it is already widely recognized.
Its best feature is its connection with a large discussion community where commentators can keep track of their comments across the web encouraging them to comment more.
There are more than 20 field types you can choose from, making custom data management and collection real easy and simple. Make surveys and collect necessary data from your clients without any issues now! Visit their site for more details.
Slider, Photo Gallery, Lightbox and Image Plugins
This plugin allow readers to view larger versions of images and galleries in a lightbox overlay effect, which is optimized for mobile devices. It has more than 100,000 active installs and have received 250 five star ratings.
Some useful features:
- select from six responsive lightbox scripts
- automatically add lightbox to video links, image links and image galleries
- multisite support
- lots of customization you can do for each of the lightbox scripts
This plugin is the most popular WordPress slider plugin with over 2 million downloads, 500,000 active installs, and 250 five star ratings. There are 4 different slideshow types – Flex Slider, Nivo Slider, Responsive Slides and Coin Slider. Check out their website to see live demo.
With Metaslider you will be able to create responsive and SEO optimized slideshows in seconds. You also can crop images, drag and drop reorder slides, preview slides within admin panel and configure your slideshow a lot.
Watch the introduction video above for more details.
This is a super cool, great looking – fully responsive, full width and full screen slider plugin. You MUST check their live preview to understand if it’s for you, but demo blew me away.
Slider Revolution is truly all-purpose slide displaying solution that allows for showing almost any kind of content with highly customizable transitions, effects, and custom animations.
You can build slides easily with a drag&drop visual editor and add any language (WPML supported) to slides.
To understand more what this plugin is capable off, check the demo.
LayerSlider is a multi-purpose slider for creating image galleries, content sliders and amazing slideshows with impressive effects. You can add these galleries and sliders even to your WordPress posts and pages.
There are more than 200 preset 2D and 3D slide transitions, allowing you to create almost anything you want with the handy drag and drop slider builder. You can add any content into sliders like images, youtube and vimeo videos, text, custom HTML or even HTML5 self-hosted multimedia content. LayerSlider also is SEO friendly.
Check their demo to understand better of what LayerSlider is capable of.
Royal Slider is unique because it has an HTML content slider with touch swipe navigation. This is a mobile friendly plugin, which allows you to create custom slideshows and CSS3 banner rotators. You can add images, videos, HTML content and even dynamically populate data from Flickr, 500px, Instagram to your slides.
For photo gallery you can use vertical or horizontal thumbnails, enable lazy-loading or fullscreen options. You can preview the demo here.
Slider Pro is another mobile friendly and touch-enabled WordPress slider plugin. Check the live preview to understand if this plugin is for you.
It helps you avoid unnecessary fancy effects, but focuses instead on simplicity and performance while still offering a lot of customization options. User experience is very intuitive and clean.
Some of the features are:
- smooth animations – CSS3 transitions, animated layers and fade effect
- adaptable to any screen – fully responsive and with touch-swipe capabilities for touch screen devices
- optimized image loading with lazy loading, support for retina screens and conditional images, that allows to specify different image sources for different screen sizes
- and more..
With this plugin you can make your galleries stand out in a beautiful and unique way, check live preview to see how it looks like.
This plugin will take existing WordPress galleries and display them, the way you want. You can alternatively load images from Facebook, Flickr, Instagram or use NextGen (image manager) as a source for images. You can also pull image RSS feeds and videos from Youtube or Vimeo and much more.
You can also control every aspect how the gallery will be displayed, there are lots of options. You will also get 87 pages of PDF documentation to learn how to use this plugin.
This is one more plugin similar to Justified Image grid, but functionality and design preview look different. Live preview for Essential grid is really great, since they have collected all the best user works, you can use as base for your own designs.
Plugin also has lots of included skins you can use to display any content on grid like portfolios, price tables, service listings, product sliders, video grids and more.
You can easily import or export your grid, skin or meta date later to use for another WordPress installation.
Media Grid plugin allows you to create unlimited responsive and filterable portfolios. You will be able to create your own layouts and use them to any container since it is adaptive and mobile optimized for responsive themes.
Some of the features are:
- unlimited layouts displayed properly from mobile to retina screens
- visual grid builder – no coding required to create grids
- add on grid anything you want either it is image slider, video or audio player
- WooCommerce integration that allows to display attributes, ratings and add-to-cart button
To see what’s possible with this plugin, check the live preview.
This plugin is unique because it focuses on video galleries. If your website deals with a lot of videos and you want to customize the way the look, the way people interact with videos – you need this plugin.
Video Gallery comes with a drag & drop HTML5 uploader, but you can also create a video gallery by using Youtube and Vimeo. Display your own videos, Youtube and Vimeo videos all on your website and choose how you will display them.
Check their live preview to see what this plugin is capable of.
Create image galleries using images pulled from sources like posts, pages, attachments, Facebook, 500px, RSS feeds and more. There are 3 build-in lightboxes you can use and 10 style presets and many more options including custom CSS support.
Some of the features:
- Horizontal and vertical flow options with a filtering option
- Customize image borders, shadows, filters and CSS3 animations
- CDN support
- Support to add multiple galleries on the same page
- and more..check all of the features here.
Photo Gallery is an advanced plugin, that allows you to to add and edit images for different views. You can create image galleries and albums to posts, pages and add them as widgets.
This gallery is fully responsive and has several gallery views you can choose from.
Watch this introductory video to learn more about this plugin. Oh, and you can preview Photo Gallery demo here.
This plugin has been around for a very long time, it has over 12 million downloads and it has over one million active installs. One red flag, is that it has received quite a bit 5-star and 1-star ratings, but still active installs are the highest ever seen on WordPress repository for gallery plugin.
This plugin provides a powerful engine for uploading and managing big amounts of images. You can:
- bulk upload images
- add, delete, rearrange and sort images
- group galleries into albums
- display images in slideshows.
For more features, download and screenshots, visit plugin page.
Soliloquy is a very popular WordPress slider plugin, which is paid, but now there is also available free and lite version of this plugin. What makes this plugin special is that it is really simple to add sliders wherever you want with just a few clicks.
By utilizing custom post types, this plugin allows you to create as many sliders as you want with as many images as you want. You can do all of this with just a few clicks.
- Sliders are completely responsive with touch enabled swiping
- SEO optimized with ability to customize alt and title tags for your images
- Smart JS/CSS loading so that assets of Soliloquy only load where the slider plugin is present
Ads, Affiliate Marketing And Social Media Plugins
With SocialBox you can add a widget to your sidebar, that will help you increase social following as well as increase brand trust if you have a healthy following.
We are using similar feature ourselves, because for the first time visitors, when they see 1WD has more than 200,000 followers, they take a notice that this website is being trusted by many other people.
There is support for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Dribbble, Forrst, Youtube, Vimeo, Mailchimp, Pinterest and more. You can either display following for each of these social networks as well as the total number of followers.
Pick between premade designs or create your own. Check the live preview for more.
We are using this plugin ourselves, because it looks really great and it allows visitors to see total number of shares in a beautiful way. With this plugin you can use up to 20 of major social networks and encourage readers to share your content.
There are 19 templates, 12 display locations, 4 button display styles, 9 counter styles and after share actions you can add to your website. You can also add social media sharing to images and have social fans counter added. Check the full feature list here.
36. WP Popular Posts Pro Plugin
If you want to encourage more pageviews on your site (which is something you always want to improve), WP Popular Posts plugin is a great tool to do that.
You can display popular posts on your sidebar, after the article, footer or anywhere else where you want. You can pick between 10 unique layouts and display them using widgets or shortcodes.
Some of the features:
- Select a custom date range for popularity – 1 week, month, year
- Show popular posts based on most comments, post type, posts in category, or posts with a tag
- Display multipl widgets on the same page
- Customize layouts easily with HTML & CSS
- Fully responsive design
- and more..check live preview here
Ninja Popups is great plugin to convert website visitors into qualified leads, by getting them to subscribe to your email list. This plugin supports all the main (and not so well know) email marketing providers. It has all the features you would expect in a good popup plugin.
- Exit Intent – when visitor tries to exit the website, you can have a popup that appears. This is a less intrusive way to generate leads.
- You can set popup to show after visitor has scrolled XX% on the page
- You can set popup to show after X seconds visitor has been inactive (no mouse or keyboard actions)
- There is google analytics event tracking integration
- A/B test popups to find out the best converting one
- Customize the popups just the way you want, there are many premade designs included
- Social network and newsletter locker – lock the page until visitor subscribes or follows you on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn or Pinterest
- and many more..check full feature list and demo here.
With this plugin, you can show a bar on top of your website, that you can use to promote your product, special post or drive more email subscribers to your list. We are using this tool on 1stWebDesigner too from time to time.
HelloBar is really advanced, because it helps you to customize the bar, and A/B test button, button text, content text, font, size and colors.
If you have a blog and want to have and manage ads yourself, instead of using 3rd party services like BuySellAds, you might consider this plugin.
Adsanity lets you pick between two custom widgets – one is for displaying single ads, another for showing ad groups and rotate them. You will also be able to keep statistics on views and clicks on each ad, so you can quickly see how ads are performing.
For developers, there are also actions and filters included, that let them customize and add to the AdSanity functionality.
Live Chat plugin is a simple great plugin, that lets you chat with your potential customers or visitors of the site. Live chat is a great marketing tool, because you can address visitor issues right before they are making decision. You’ll get up to 30% more sales by actively using this tool and having it on your landing page. Check out the live preview.
Some of the features:
- receive email notification when visitor uses a chat
- modern design, skin is fully customizable
- have multiple operators that can reply to the questions
Membership and Online Store Plugins
WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress plugin for eCommerce solutions. With this plugin you will be able to transform your WordPress website to eCommerce store.
Note that all the promoted themes and most add-ons there are paid, and only WooCommerce plugin itself is free, but it’s still a great deal.
- Supported Payment Gateways are Amazon Payments, Paypal, 2Checkout and many more
- Highly customizable online store – WooCommerce works with any theme
- Run complex campaigns offering discount options, usage limits and product/user restrictions
- Great reporting to keep an eye of incoming sales, reviews, performance in your WordPress backend
- and more..check them here.
WooZone Report is a cool plugin, that you will want to use if you promote Amazon products in your WooCommerce shop. You will be able to keep track of the Amazon products and see how many views, how many products were added to cart and redirected to Amazon. You can receive reports straight in your inbox.
Some of the features:
- SEO optimization – you can optimize and bulk import hundred of products from Amazon to your WooCommerce store
- Automatically spin content when you are importing Amazon products to be able to rank this content better on search engines
- Mass import products using the WooZone CSV module
- and more..check full feature list and live preview here
UserPro will allow you to start your own user community, create profiles and open registration for new users in minutes! You will be able to sync UserPro with WooCommerce, BuddyPress and BBPress as well as integrate with email auto-responders like Mailchimp, Aweber and Campaign Monitor.
With this plugin you will be able to:
- add content restriction to your site by role, verified accounts or specific logins
- have user badges and achievements; have following, followers for user accounts
- have social connect and integration (1 click auto signup/sign-in)
- have beautiful design to your newly created community right outside the box. Design is fully responsive, there are 5 premade skins, SEO friendly and available in multiple languages
If you are in need of creating a community or upgrading existing one, you should check out UserPro live preview, to see if it’s for you.
44. Subscribe to Download Plugin for WordPress
This WordPress plugin will come very handy if you have a WordPress blog, you write articles, and want to get more emails and return for your efforts.
Instead of giving away all the downloads for free, request for reader email address if they want the freebie. Great for email list building.
Some of the features:
- Automatically confirm emails and send download links
- Support with Goo.gl shortener to shorten the verification emails
- Plugin has a list manager that can be exported with one click to any popular mail service like Mailchimp, aWeber etc.
Check the live preview and test the plugin yourself.
Pretty Link Pro will help you to shrink, cloak, track and organize your links. The most helpful feature is that it let’s you cloak your affiliate links, but you can do much more with it.
You can use it to:
- do 301 redirection
- do cloaked redirection
- redirect tracking pixels and much more.
Basically whatever you want to do with your links, you can do it with this plugin. Check out the full feature list to understand if this plugin is for you.
This plugin is a pure CSS3 web pricing tables with 2 table styles and 20 predefined color versions. You have lots of configuration options within admin panel to edit table, columns, rows, active columns, hover states, tool tips, column ribbons, tick/cross icons and a lots of more.
- ability to enable responsive mode
- option to add unlimited number of tables, columns and rows
- add CSS3 tooltips and hints
- 60 ribbons to choose from
- 42 tick/cross icons to choose from
- Multi Site (WordPress MU) compatible
- ..and many more.
Check out the live preview to see how pricing tables will look live.
Plugins With Misc Functionality
With this plugin you will be able to add an audio play at the top or bottom of your website. Audio player is fully HTML5 audio engine powered and will run on all the mayor browsers and mobile devices.
It supports audio from places like Soundcloud, Official.fm and you can upload your own Mp3 files. Comes handy if you are doing audio interview or simply want to create a music page on your site. View the live preview to understand if this plugin is for you.
Use this plugin to easily setup and customize your coming soon, under construction or maintenance pages. It comes handy whenever you are upgrading your WordPress installation or plugins, so your visitors don’t see a broken page if anything goes wrong.
It is also a great placeholder if you are only about to unveil your new product and want to set the deadline to bring excitement around the launch. You can add your social media profiles and email newsletter subscribe box, if you want. Check the live preview to see what this plugin is capable of.
Have you ever wanted to display your About Company area with style? With this plugin you can. You can add the images, customize the number of columns, image shapes, hover effects and add special styles like grayscale, image borders and shadow styles.
There are lots of premade templates included, but the best thing is that you can customize whatever you want quickly and without touching any code. Check the live preview for more.
Have you ever wanted to display tables, pie charts, bar or area charts on your WordPress posts or pages? Now you can do it without additional coding.
There is a helpful video showing what you can do with wpDataTables plugin, enough said:
With this plugin you will be able to make your WordPress backend beautiful. There are 30 premade admin themes and you also have an option to create your own design. You can customize basically everything like – admin menu, buttons, typography, forms, background colors, branding etc.
This plugin will be great if you have users who register on your site and you want to white-label and customize the branding. You can also create a custom branded login theme. Check their live preview (username:demo, password:demo) for more details.
This is the most popular WordPress plugin on CodeCanyon, as it is being used by more than 500,000 websites.
Visual Composer is a drag and drop page responsive page builder plugin with frontend and backend editors. The best thing is that you can use it for any WordPress theme.
If you don’t prefer to always work from NotePad, you will really appreciate this website builder, that will save lots of your time, because you won’t even need to touch a code.
There are lots of functionality this plugin has, and there are lots of video tutorials to allow you how to use Visual Composer. You can do so much with it, and that’s why it is so popular. Check out their live demo here.
By the way, another popular plugin is this addon plugin for Visual Composer you might want to check if you get this plugin.
UberMenu is a very powerful and responsive mega menu WordPress plugin. It works well with WordPress 3 menu system, so it’s easy to start creating highly customized and powerful mega menu configurations.
It is important to note, that UberMenu looks great on different devices, it is fully responsive. It is also touch-enabled making it intuitive to use on touch screens.
If you need to display lots of events on your website, show locations and be able to filter them, EventOn is the plugin of choice.
EventOn has very clean, minimal and modern design, you can preview front-end and back-end.
Some of the features:
- WPML & LANG support – use it in any language you want
- Responsive – mobile optimized, so it looks great on all screen sizes
- Create various calendar widgets
- Integrate Google Maps with EventOn plugin
- Allow visitors to download event as .ICS file so event can be added to Google Cal or iCal
- ..and more.
With this plugin you will be able to show hundreds of different kinds of maps like:
- a map of entire world
- a map of continent or a sub-continent
- a map of country
- a country divided by its regions
- a state in the United States
You can add highlight regions to the map and display them either as regions (color whole region) or as markers (colored bubble). You can also add a tooltip or action to highlighted active regions and customize lots of other things.
The best way to understand what this plugin is capable of is to check their live preview.
Manage your WordPress posts with thumbnails just the way you want with just a few clicks. Special Recent Posts plugin will be great for web magazines as it comes with more than 120 customization options. Check out their official website to find out more.
Some of the features are:
- fully responsive layout – looks great on all devices
- advanced post filtering techniques, post content display as well as custom CSS editor you can use to write your custom CSS rules to apply to the design
- fully WordPress pagination support – choose between numeric layout or previous/next links
- and more.
This plugin is a great tool to let people book your service online. Bookly will be the best for online companies, who need their visitors to do reservations through websites.
Every person who wants to book your service will be lead through clear 5-step booking process. No need to talk with every person one by one – both you and person, who wants your service will receive email notifications to remind about their reservation.
- responsive and touch optimized design
- Integration with Google Calendar
- Take payments with Paypal, Authorize.net or Stripe
- Offer discount coupons
- Add unlimited number of services and service providers
- Edit email notifications and reminders your customers or service providers receive
Simple plugin to integrate your Google Analytics with WordPress and keep track of your traffic stats easily. Handy to keep track any custom events, custom internal affiliate links or downloads as well as 404 error pages.
Jetpack is a plugin created by Automattic (WordPress official company) and it adds lots of powerful features previously only available to WordPress.com users including customization, traffic, mobile, content, and performance tools.
Some of the best features are:
- Mobile, responsive theme
- Wp.me URL shortener included
- Ability to post content to your blog from email
- Receive alerts whenever your site goes down
- Akismet spam plugin backed contact forms
- and list goes of features go very long..
This WordPress plugin will help you import the data from one WordPress installation to another. You can import posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, authors and more to WordPress export file. With more than one million active installs, this plugin is proving to be useful for many.
Edit Flow is a handy plugin if you have several people in your editorial team. It lets you collaborate between members with notifications, editorial calendar and editorial comments.
You can create custom stages to workflow, story budget and separate your team in departments.
This plugin will add more functionality to visual post and page editor. With TinyMCE you will be able to create tables, search and replace within editor, set font family, font size and many more. With more than one million active installs TinyMCE is a very useful plugin to use when you want to customize pages and posts more than available by default.
Back to you…
What are your favorite WordPress plugins, you have on every WordPress website you launch? Did I miss any great plugins?