3D refers to objects that been created in 3 position (X, Y and Z). Now a days, there are a lot 3D objects that you can see in movies, product designs, logo, advertisements, etc. Even they are commonly seen these days but they are not easy to create. You need 3D authoring tool or website that offers ready-made 3D models to create a masterpiece.
For this post, I know that this will cost a lot to non – professional users so I will be featuring open source 3D modeling tool and places where you can download free 3D models but be sure to read the owner’s rights before you use it for your commercial or personal use.
Blender is a free and open source modeling and animation application that is great for modeling. The essentials of using this tools is having Interface, Modeling, Rigging, Rendering, Animation, UV Unwrapping, Shading, Physics and Particles, Imaging and Compositing, Real Time 3D/Game Creation, and Phyton scripting.
- Great variety of features
- Easy access of online help
- Non-overlapping interface
- More on the advanced users
- Overwhelming features
K-3D is free-as-in-freedom 3D modeling and animation software. It features a plugin-oriented procedural engine for all of its content, making K-3D a very versatile and powerful package.K-3D excels at polygonal modeling, and includes basic tools for NURBS, patches, curves and animation.
- Interaction with 3D objects during playback
- Variety of tools to render
- Complicated features for beginners
- Still in development process so there are still bugs
Art of Illusion is a free, open source 3D modelling and rendering studio. The highlights include subdivision surface based modelling tools, skeleton based animation, and a graphical language for designing procedural textures and materials. It is stable and powerful enough to be used for serious, high-end animation work.
- Great modeling features
- Simple but powerful tool
- Written in Java so it is usable in Java Virtual Machine
- Easy access to 3D modeling
- Dozens of tutorials and tips
- User friendly
- Upload your work in Google Earth
- Integrated with Google Maps
- Lacks advanced features of major CAD apps
- No export to CAD format in free version
- Can’t add text and images to designs in free version
An IT explorer who loves to browse anything over the web which made her an enthusiast blogger. She is aggresive to learn new things and share through writing.