When I first heard of these digital selling services I was confused and asked – why can’t you just use PayPal? After doing further research I found out that there is a fair amount of risks that can be hazardous to your online business and everything’s just not that simple. Converting visitors into paying customers can be a serious challenge. The most cautious still consider internet sales a fraud. Inappropriate descriptions, ugly interfaces, a long checkout process – these are just few factors that prevent people from buying digital goods.
This is where digitally selling services comes in handy. So what are the advantages? Selling products with them is made as easy and pleasant as possible. All you have to do is upload your product, get the Buy Now button and watch the money roll in. These services let you focus on the product while they do the selling. The products are uploaded on safe and secure servers so you don’t have to worry about delivery and possible downtime. Most of these services provide more than one payment method so your visitors can shop in their local currency and use their preferred payment method. Want to expand your business even further? Create your own affiliate service with ease and watch the sales increase. And finally, you can track and monitor all your purchases, have a clear overview of products and all your activity in one place.
So you believe your business is ready to hit the global market? Are you ready to attract new buyers and keep them coming back? Continue reading and check out these 10 useful services for selling digital goods online.
Sellfy describes their service as the simplest way to sell digital products on your website. The process is quite simple – you create a product (design templates, ebooks, images, videos etc), upload it to Sellfy and make money using generated ‘Buy now’ button.
- The products are uploaded to a secure cloud drive and after the purchase is made, delivered to your clients.
- The buttons are cool looking and simply implementable into your website.
- You can offer discounts for clients who recommend your product via Twitter or Facebook.
- You will be able to see not only the sale stats but also discount campaign impact as shares and clicks.
- 5% per transaction.
In the screenshot below you can see the user’s control panel. Here you can drag and drop files to create the product.
Once the files are uploaded you have to specify the name of the product, the price, your Paypal email address and information about discounts if you want to offer any.
When finished with that you’ll receive the HTML code of your button. You can later access it on your products dashboard.
PayLoadz offers a secure digital goods ecommerce service for anyone to sell downloadable goods online. They enable tens of thousands of people to sell digital goods such as videos, video games, ebooks, software and templates to a large audience of buyers from their online store. PayLoadz can service the needs of beginners as well as enterprise level partners.
- Sell anywhere online – PayLoadz system works everywhere – your site, Facebook, Twitter, their store, blogs, etc. You are provided with simple purchase links and copy and paste HTML code to insert purchase buttons or shopping cart enabled buttons that work on all devices and platforms.
- Secure file storage and automated delivery – file security is a high priority. Files are stored on the ultra-secure Amazon S3 platform.
- Several payment systems – customer choice is what drives sales conversions. They need to be able to pay in a variety of methods. Credit cards, eChecks, ACH transfers, and existing account balances are some of the ways your customers can pay for your products.
- Turn key affiliate system – every PayLoadz account comes with a turn-key affiliate marketing system which handles affiliate management, affiliate product promotion, and affiliate payouts.
- $14.95/month + 5% per transaction. Payloadz also offers a free 7 day trial so you can try the platform out. What’s more, the transaction fees are only applied to actual sales, so you pay only when you get paid yourself.
Below you can see the product setup screenshot from a demo account. You can enter things like file format, category, keywords and description.
They also provide you with detailed statistics about the purchases.
E-junkie provides shopping cart and buy now buttons to let you sell downloads and tangible goods on your website, eBay, MySpace, Google Base, CraigsList and other websites. For merchants selling downloads, there is an automatic securing of the digital delivery of files and codes. If you are selling tangible goods, the shipping costs and inventory management is automatically calculated.
- Store your files securely on their server, or store them remotely on your own server
- If you are selling single items, just copy-paste the Buy now buttons in your site.
- E-junkie lets you add options like size, color etc. to your products
- Calculate shipping & packaging automatically
- Manage your inventory automatically
- Create & manage affiliate program for all your products
- Depends on the number of products you’re selling. Starting from $5/month.
- E-junkie offers 30 day money back guarantee so if you are dissatisfied for any reason, E-junkie will refund your last month’s payment upon request.
- Unlike other services E-junkie only require payment of a flat monthly subscription fee, there is no bandwidth cost and no transaction fees. Also You only need to start a paid subscription after your first week of free trial if you decide so.
- Finally non-profit organizations are eligible for waive of monthly fees.
Below you can see the Add Product page and user admin panel.
The Plimus landing page is decorated by a huge title which says – “sell more. Market, sell and buy digital goods and services around the world online and on mobile.” Indeed, Plimus is one of the largest and most serious services around offering great tools for sellers as well as affiliates. With the Plimus e-business platform, you have all the tools you need to take charge of your business and sell more.
- Plimus offers you the most extensive set of payment methods available in the industry.
- Track and monitor your business in real-time with over 35+ standard reports and an unlimited number of custom report options
- Protect your products with our extensive licensing, piracy and copy protection options
- Plimus provides all the essential affiliate capabilities needed to help you build your own affiliates network at no extra cost.
- Your shoppers belong to you, and you can market to them at any time using the robust newsletter feature
- Depends on transaction amount range. Commission rates start at 75 cents.
- Payouts are generally made to Sellers and Affiliates on the 15th of each month for the previous month’s sales.You can receive your payout via Paypal, e-check and Wire Transfer.
- With Plimus you can protect your reputation by building reserves to meet refund and chargeback claims
Plimus has a very instructive getting started page where you can find useful guides for using the service together with some video tutorials.
Fetch is a digital delivery application that makes selling downloadable products simple. It seamlessly integrates with popular shopping carts and payment systems like Shopify, Goodsie, PayPal, and many others. Fetch is hosted software so there’s nothing to install and works on any platform.
- Hosted so there’s nothing to download or install.
- Uncluttered, lightweight interface for efficient user interaction.
- To ensure your data is never lost, Fetch is backed up daily and stored at multiple geographic locations.
- Associate a single file with several products.
- Allow previous buyers to download updated files.
- Revenue and download statistics are shown in real-time.
- Files stored on and delivered from Amazon S3.
- Use Fetch at no cost on the free plan.
- All premium Fetch plans have no restriction on the number of products, files, orders, users, or any other feature. Sell as much as you’d like without worry of costly commissions or order limitations.
- Pricing depends on the storage size. Starting from $5/month. There’s also a free plan available yet the storage is limited to 1MB.
All premium accounts have unrestricted access to everything Fetch has to offer. Unlimited products, orders, downloads, and so much more. Fetch puts you in control of everything.
Pulley is a simple way to sell your digital art, music, videos, photography, fonts, eBooks, software, and other downloadable products. With Pulley you can easily add your digital products and customize your account settings, sell from any website and the money goes directly to your PayPal account, secure download links are emailed automatically to your customer and view real-time statistics as well as complete order and download history.
- Stay focused on creating and selling your digital goods, and let Pulley handle the secure hosting, delivery, and tracking.
- Embed “Buy Now” buttons into any website, blog, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, email, or anywhere else you can imagine.
- Keep tabs on who bought what, when it was delivered, and whether or not they’ve downloaded it yet.
- Speak to your customers in your own voice. Customize the emails people receive when they place an order with you.
- Free 14 day trial. Sign up for any plan and use Pulley free and unrestricted for 14 days.
- Unlike other services, Pulley doesn’t charge any commission or per transaction fees.
- Pricing depends on the storage size. Starting from $6/month per 100MB.
The dashboard gives you a crystal clear overview of sales, top products, and activity in your Pulley account.
See all of your order activity and customer details presented clearly and precisely.
DPD makes it quick and easy to sell downloads. Sell downloads, automatically deliver your products, and run your own affiliate program with DPD. Get advanced selling features and options with no programming required.
- DPD allows you to customize your cart, delivery pages, and even emails with both simple WYSIWYG and advanced template editors.
- DPD allows you to sell your downloads on an unlimited number of websites, each with their own customizations and options.
- DPD protects your products from theft with a host of advanced security features so only the person who paid for your products gets access.
- In addition to download only products, DPD supports downloads with generated keycodes, keycode only delivery, and simple tangible goods.
- 30 day free trial. If you choose not to use DPD, do nothing- your account will automatically close and you won’t be charged a thing.
- DPD does not charge any per-transaction, per-storefront, or per-product fees above and beyond the flat rate pricing above.
- Pricing depends on the storage size and amount of products. Starting from $5/month per 500MB and 10 products.
This tool is your best buddy when it comes to selling digital goods through PayPal. Automate product delivery and keep track of customers and orders after their purchase on PayPal.
- Customers instantly receive your product upon completing their payment. No more manual labor required and happy customers guaranteed.
- Your files are highly secure and redundantly stored on the amazing Amazon S3 network.
- Seamless integration with PayPal, the global leader in online payments with over 78 millions accounts in 190 markets and 19 currencies around the world.
- iPhone app of the Dbox webservice, which will surely make live easier for you. Monitor your products and track sales per day, week or month.
- Free (1 product)
- Basic: € 9.95/month (5 products)
- Advanced: € 19.95/month (20 products)
- Pro: € 39.95/month (50+ products)
- All accounts apply for 30 day free trial.
After signing-up you need to add a new product and upload your digital file.
The product view presents you with the integration code.
In the settings section you can customize the email and adjust PayPal settings.
The Dashboard will show you the latest trends with new orders and statistics from sales.
Cerizmo is yet another selling platform which was created to provide a simple and reliable way to sell digital goods online. After realizing the limitations of most digital product e-commerce systems, they created their own solution to address these problems.
- Sell products from your web site, blog, or anywhere. Copy and paste buttons on your site and start selling.
- Downloads sent automatically to your customers. Make money while you sleep
- Get paid instantly after a sale. The money will be deposited directly into your PayPal account.
- The downloads are hosted on Cerizmo’s secure servers. No software to install, no servers to manage.
- Depends on the amount of products and storage. Starting from $8.99/month per 15 products.
With BitBuffet, you can sell single pay-per-download products through simple links or use PayPal’s built in shopping cart and receive the money via PayPal.
- Redirect your customers directly to the highly recognized PayPal payment page without any extra steps which can potentially lose customers.
- If PayPal supports it, you can sell in that denomination. Don’t fuss around with other services that don’t offer multiple currency support.
- With the unique “pay what you want” model, you can offer your product in return for a donation of any amount. A great technique for grabbing attention.
- 10 products: $6/month
- 30 products: $10/month
- 80 products: $17/month
- 240 products: $31/month
- Unlike other services, BitBuffet doesn’t withhold your money until you hit the payout limit. Get your money instantly and securely through PayPal.