If You are a graphic or web designer, great texture always becomes handy in your workflow. You can create amazing effects just combining those textures together and playing with them. I just took a look around and thought that I need to make a list of amazing textures, because quality images and textures are never enough. There are many great resources all around the web, I just tried to select those most better known web pages and those with great collection and quality of textures. All of those textures are free, so You can use them freely in your personal or commercial works.
Free texture web sites
1. More than 17GB Huge collection of textures and reference photos for artists.
2. Stylish collection of free textures and photos ( for now 415).
3. Freebies from Kave Wall stock.
4. Maybe most popular one with the biggest set of textures, at this moment 878 textures:
5. Also very good known web-site with great collection:
6. Design is not very encouraging, but textures are:
7. Folks from Designviver.com summarized nice pick of textures too:
10. Design is very simple, but sometimes less is more ( more than 10 000 textures!):
11.Lost and taken thinks so big, I cant even fill all logo in the page:
12.Web site with stylish design and textures:
13. Fabio Sasso from abduzeedo.com has made some nice collection too from 36 textures:
14. Great texture web site and even their logo is texture! Original!
15. Textures will be enough there for all Your life!! Maybe not, but for now there is 7292 textures
I just love all those vintage, grunge, rusty textures and so the last ones are hand picked 5 great texture packs which I like the most. Hope You enjoy.
1. 5 nice old scratchy paper textures :
2. Even more 6 interesting textures with some more neat text effects taking action.
3. Nice paper textures with clouds in the background:
4. All those 4 texture packs comes from amazing artist Princess-of-Shadows, I really love her work.
5 more great textures.
5. Great selection offers fellows from bittbox:
6. 31 Grunge Surfaces – nice texture pack created by velvetmoth.com:
That’s all for now my friends. And Yes, maybe You see great textures all around and don’t know how to really use them?
Then I am here for You to tell this one – just create new document, make some nice gradient or fill color effect and then easily open some texture, export on image and just play with opacity, levels, color balance and mainly layer styles. With those styles You can get unbelievably great results! Just try it out – it’s really not that complicated!